Basler can't be held responsible for any damage or injury due to incorrect handling of the product and ignoring the safety instructions.
General Safety Notices#
More specific safety notices appear throughout this documentation where applicable.
WARNING – Electric Shock Hazard
警告 – 火災の危険
NOTICE – Voltage outside of the specified range may damage the camera.
You must supply camera power that complies with the Universal Serial Bus 3.0 specification. The camera's nominal operating voltage is 5 VDC.
NOTICE – Using unsuitable lenses may damage camera components or the lens itself.
Make sure that your lens is compatible with the lens mount dimensions given in the Maximum Allowed Lens Intrusion topic. If you try to mount a lens with an overall lens intrusion that is larger than specified, you may damage the lens or the filter holder and the camera may not work properly anymore.
Suitable lenses are available via the Basler website.
NOTICE – Dust on the sensor may impair the camera's performance.
- Always put the protective seal in place when there is no lens mounted on the camera.
- Make sure that the camera is pointing down whenever you remove or replace the protective seal, a lens, or a lens adapter.
- If the camera is not installed, store it in its original packaging.
NOTICE – Using incorrect plugs may damage the USB 3.0 connector.
The plug on the cable that you attach to the camera's USB 3.0 Micro-B connector must be designed for use with the USB 3.0 Micro-B connector.
Observe the following items:
- Do not open the camera housing. Touching internal components may damage them.
- Prevent ingress or insertion of any foreign substances into the camera housing. If operated with any foreign substances inside, the camera may fail or cause a fire.
- Do not remove the camera's serial number label. It contains the serial number.
- Do not operate the camera in the vicinity of strong electromagnetic fields. Avoid electrostatic charging. For more information, see Avoiding EMI and ESD Problems.
- Transport and store the camera in its original packaging only. Do not discard the packaging.
- If possible, do not clean the sensor. If you must clean it, follow the cleaning instructions, which will also tell you about cleaning the camera housing.
- Read the camera documentation carefully before using the camera.
Conformity, Intended Use, and Authorized Users#
Life support applications
These products are not designed for use in life support appliances, devices, or systems where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury. Basler customers using or selling these products for use in such applications do so at their own risk and agree to fully indemnify Basler for any damages resulting from such improper use or sale.
For customers in the USA
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this equipment.
The shielded cables recommended in this manual must be used with this equipment in order to comply with the limits for a computing device pursuant to Subpart B of Part 15 of FCC Rules.
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed exclusively for indoor professional image capture. Temperature and humidity requirements apply as detailed in the camera's "Environmental Requirements" section of the Basler Product Documentation. All relevant product documentation must be observed, including directions for correct camera use.
The cameras must not be used for the following:
- Purposes and installations requiring special camera certification other than mentioned in the Basler Product Documentation.
- Purposes and installations requiring specific design and precautions for use under harsh conditions.
If in doubt whether a specific camera is compatible with certain operating conditions and uses, contact your salesperson.
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed for use by professionals only, concerned with the following tasks:
- Selection of cameras for use
- Camera integration and setup
- Everyday camera use
The Basler Product Documentation assumes the skills of electrical engineers, systems engineers, mechatronics engineers, technicians, and information technology engineers.
Camera use is not allowed for persons with insufficient skills or with impairments that prevent them from doing the following tasks:
- Using cameras correctly
- Adhering to the safety instructions
- Fully understanding all relevant camera documentation