安全に関する注意事項（ace、 ace 2）#
Basler can't be held responsible for any damage or injury due to incorrect handling of the product and ignoring the safety instructions.
General Safety Notices#
More specific safety notices appear throughout this documentation where applicable.
警告 – 感電および火災の危険
- 安全特別低電圧（SELV）および制限電源（LPS）またはElectrical Source 1（ES1）および電力源2（PS2）の要件を満たす電源装置を使用する必要があります。
Les blocs d'alimentation non approuvés peuvent causer des décharges électriques ou des départs de feu, ou les deux. Celles-ci représentent un risque de mort ou de blessure grave.
- Vous devez utiliser un bloc d'alimentation conforme aux exigences Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) et Limited Power Source (LPS) ou Electrical Source 1 (ES1) et Power Source 2 (PS2).
- Si vous utilisez un hub alimenté ou un switch alimenté, ils doivent être conformes aux exigences ci-dessus.
CAUTION – Allergy Warning (Only Applies to ace L Cameras)
The nickel coating of Basler ace L cameras may cause allergies or allergic reactions.
- If you already have a nickel allergy, avoid contact.
- To avoid developing an allergy, avoid prolonged skin contact.
- Implement the applicable health and safety measures.
NOTICE – Voltage outside of the specified range may damage the camera.
- You must supply camera and I/O power within the safe operating voltage ranges given in the camera specification.
- Basler ace GigE cameras: Camera power supply via Power over Ethernet (PoE) must comply with the IEEE 802.3af specification.
- Basler ace USB 3.0 cameras: Camera power must comply with the Universal Bus 3.0 specification.
NOTICE – Using unsuitable lenses may damage camera components or the lens itself.
Make sure that your lens is compatible with the lens mount dimensions given in the Maximum Allowed Lens Intrusion topic. If you try to mount a lens with an overall lens intrusion that is larger than specified, you may damage the lens or the filter holder and the camera may not work properly anymore.
Suitable lenses are available via the Basler website.
NOTICE – Dust on the sensor may impair the camera's performance.
- Always put the plastic cap in place when there is no lens mounted on the camera.
- Make sure that the camera is pointing down whenever you remove or replace the plastic cap, a lens, or a lens adapter.
- Never apply compressed air to the camera.
NOTICE – Using incorrect plugs may damage the I/O connector.
The plug on the cable that you attach to the camera's 6-pin I/O connector must have 6 female pins. Using a plug designed for a smaller or a larger number of pins may damage the connector.
NOTICE – Basler ace USB 3.0 cameras: Using incorrect plugs may damage the USB 3.0 connector.
The plug on the cable that you attach to the camera's USB 3.0 Micro-B connector must be designed for use with the USB 3.0 Micro-B connector.
Basler may use Loctite as an additive in the production process of Basler cameras.
Observe the following items:
- Do not open the camera housing. Touching internal components may damage them.
- Prevent ingress or insertion of any foreign substances into the camera housing. If operated with any foreign substances inside, the camera may fail or cause a fire.
- Do not remove the camera's serial number label.
- Do not operate the camera in the vicinity of strong electromagnetic fields. Avoid electrostatic charging. For more information, see Avoiding EMI and ESD Problems.
- Transport and store the camera in its original packaging only. Do not discard the packaging.
- If possible, do not clean the sensor. If you must clean it, follow the cleaning instructions, which will also tell you about cleaning the camera housing.
- Read the camera documentation carefully before using the camera.
Conformity, Intended Use, and Authorized Users#
Life support applications
These products are not designed for use in life support appliances, devices, or systems where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury. Basler customers using or selling these products for use in such applications do so at their own risk and agree to fully indemnify Basler for any damages resulting from such improper use or sale.
For customers in the USA
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this equipment.
The shielded cables recommended in this manual must be used with this equipment in order to comply with the limits for a computing device pursuant to Subpart B of Part 15 of FCC Rules.
For customers in Canada
This apparatus complies with the Class A limits for radio noise emissions set out in Radio Interference Regulations.
Pour utilisateurs au Canada
Cet appareil est conforme aux normes Classe A pour bruits radioélectriques, spécifiées dans le Règlement sur le brouillage radioélectrique.
Intended Use of Basler ace and ace 2 Cameras for Machine Vision#
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed exclusively for indoor professional image capture. Temperature and humidity requirements apply as detailed in the camera's "Environmental Requirements" section of the Basler Product Documentation. All relevant product documentation must be observed, including directions for correct camera use.
The cameras must not be used for the following:
- Purposes and installations requiring special camera certification other than mentioned in the Basler Product Documentation.
- Purposes and installations requiring specific design and precautions for use under harsh conditions.
If in doubt whether a specific camera is compatible with certain operating conditions and uses, contact your salesperson.
Intended Use of Basler MED ace Cameras (ISO 13485:2016 Cameras)#
Basler AG, Ahrensburg maintains a production, sales, and service division for digital cameras, established with a quality management, certified in accordance with the ISO 13485:2016 standard for medical products. Basler AG is not a manufacturer of medical products and does not place medical products on the market, but produces high-quality camera systems according to its own specifications.
The cameras produced by Basler AG in accordance with ISO 13485:2016 (Basler MED ace cameras) are intended for use as a computer vision component, i.e., for the purpose of capturing images or videos and measuring data. The use of the cameras in medical appliances which would require direct physical contact with or the use in a person's body is excluded. All relevant product documentation must be observed, including instructions for correct camera use.
Authorized Users for Basler ace and ace 2 Cameras for Machine Vision#
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed for use by professionals only, concerned with the following tasks:
- Selection of cameras for use
- Camera integration and setup
- Everyday camera use
The Basler Product Documentation assumes the skills of electrical engineers, systems engineers, mechatronics engineers, technicians, and information technology engineers.
Camera use is not allowed for persons with insufficient skills or with impairments that prevent them from doing the following tasks:
- Using cameras correctly
- Adhering to the safety instructions
- Fully understanding all relevant camera documentation